Be Protected For Better Online Security
Be safe rather than sorry!
Came across an infographic from American Internet Services (AIS) which revealed some interesting statistics:
- A 6 characters (with only lowercase) password takes only 10 minutes to crack.
- A 156 days time lapse from compromised till detection.
- 90% of American businesses suffered some form of computer hack over the past 12 months.
Improve your website security by adopting some of the following measures:
- Update your anti-virus and malware program, themes, plugins.
- Schedule periodic virus scans of your computer equipment.
- Use a strong password.
- Don’t open attachments that you are not aware of the source.
- When using software, themes and plugins, check their credibility before downloading.
- Don’t forget to backup.
- Consider using two factor authentication.
You are responsible for your own online security.